Your Rights in Relation to Privacy
Fuse Communications (ABN 57 586 922 366) trading as www.netballtrials.com (“www.netballtrials.com” or “we”) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of your Personal Information and adopts the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Kinds of Personal Information
Through your use of our Website or Platform, www.netballtrials.com may process your Personal Information. Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
The kinds of Personal Information we process may include:
- contact details such as your full name, business or personal addresses, email addresses and phone numbers;
- your date of birth;
- billing information, including credit card details;
- information incidental to your advertisement for a netball team trial, including trial location, training days and club contact information; and
- information incidental to your online player profile, including parent contact information, playing positions, playing history, injury history and netball identification numbers.
You must notify www.netballtrials.com as soon as reasonably practicable of any changes to the Information provided to us by you, or if you are aware of any inaccurate, out of date, misleading or false information.
Whilst you are under no obligation to provide us with any Personal Information, please note that if you do not provide the Personal Information:
- we may be unable to provide some or all of our Services; and/or
- you may not be able to use the Services to their full intended extent (i.e. other Users may require you to provide certain information in order to confirm your registration for a Trial).
Sensitive Personal Information
www.netballtrials.com may also process Sensitive Personal Information about you where we have your explicit consent and where it is necessary for us to perform our Services.
The kinds of Sensitive Personal Information we process may include:
- health information;
- history of injuries.
Sensitive Personal Information may be required in order to provide the Services appropriately and safely (e.g. to ensure that a Club is made aware of an Attendee’s injury before a Trial takes place).
Collection of Personal Information
Generally, www.netballtrials.com will collect your Personal Information through:
- when you register for the platform
- the completion of online forms; or
- direct contact with you, whether in person or over the phone, email or post;
When you use our Website, the following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- the date and time of your visit to our Website;
- your IP address;
- pages that you accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
Cookies may be used on our Website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. We collect Cookies in order to allow our Website to function properly, to monitor aggregate site usage data such as total number of visitors and pages viewed and to enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and do not personally identify the user.
Purpose of Collection
We may require your Personal Information in order to provide you with access to the Website or the Platform, including (but not limited to) to:
- advertise trials on the Platform;
- allow you to book for a trial on the Platform;
- add you to our marketing or mailing lists;
- respond to your enquiries via our Website; or
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information in order to inform you of products and/or services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us or use any opt-out mechanism provided and we will comply with that request.
Your Rights in relation to your Personal Information
www.netballtrials.com respects your rights in relation to your Personal Information. To the extent required by law, www.netballtrials.com will without undue delay comply with any request made by you to:
- know how and why we are using your Personal Information;
- obtain a digital copy of your Personal Information;
- know what Personal Information is being held about you;
- correct inaccurate or outdated Personal Information about you;
- erase Personal Information about you that we hold (subject to any requirement for us to keep records under other laws, such as taxation legislation); and
- restrict the use of your Personal Information (understanding that this may affect our ability to provide you with access to the Platform).
You may direct any request to our Privacy Officer, whose contact details are listed below.
Disclosure of Personal Information to other Users
In the course of providing our Services we may share and distribute, or enable you to share and distribute, your Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Information) to other Users.
Your information will only be shared to other Users where you have provided your consent to the sharing of your information to that User (for example, by registering to attend a Trial organised by that Club, or by advertising a Trial).
We limit the information provided to other Users to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions or use our Services, and our agreements with Users require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Any User who receives the Personal Information of another User must keep that information strictly confidential and must not disclose it to any third party other than with the express consent of the other User or to the extent that such disclosure is strictly necessary for that User to host or attend the Trial (as applicable).
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information by Third-Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties such as service providers, suppliers or marketing agencies. We do not currently disclose any Personal Information to entities that are based in overseas countries.
We limit the information provided to third party providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We will otherwise not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent or unless required by law.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Generally, we hold your Personal Information electronically, but may from time to time hold your information in paper form also.
In the event that your Personal Information is subject to a data breach, we will comply with all mandatory statutory notification requirements.
We will destroy your Personal Information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
How You May Access Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act and the GDPR, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us.
If at any time you would like to access or correct the Personal Information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer:
To obtain access to your Personal Information
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that Personal Information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- www.netballtrials.com may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
If we refuse your request to access or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Officer. At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with in a prompt and confidential manner.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation, which will take no more than 30 days.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.